Pages

6 Deadly Sins Christian Businesses Can Avoid



According to Dunn and Bradstreet most businesses fail because of a lack of customers and sales. I've identified 5 other deadly sins or problems that Christian Businesses must avoid. Because attracting customers and generating the sales that will reach your business goals is an important part of every Christian business.

A Business Lesson From The Bible


We can learn a lot from taking a closer look at how King Solomon, one of the wisest rulers in the world handled the problems he encountered when he attempted to build his palace and the temple in Jerusalem.


I Kings5: 5-6

I intend, therefore, to build a temple for the Name of the LORD my God, as the LORD told my father David, when he said, 'Your son whom I will put on the throne in your place will build the temple for my Name.'

"So give orders that cedars of Lebanon be cut for me. My men will work with yours, and I will pay you for your men whatever wages you set. You know that we have no one so skilled in felling timber as the Sidonians."










Secrets to Success In BusinessHow To Avoid These 6 Mistakes

Rather than make excuses why he couldn't build a temple or use an inferior material he solicited the help of others, Hiram and the Sidioans for his project.




I have learned some valuable lessons about business from reading this biblical account, that I want to share with you, so that you will never have to make excuses about why you are unable to start your own business or why your business is failing.



Operating A Successful Business



In "How to operate a Successful Christian Business" I mentioned a few key areas that need to be addressed by Christian entrepreneurs, the 6 deadly sins are in these same areas.


6 Deadly Mistakes To Avoid



No Sales or Customers

No Sales Plan

No Marketing plan

Failing to seek professional advice

Lack of persistence

Not knowing your customers


By addressing all of the issues covered in this list you'll become a good steward of the Christian business that God has placed in your hands and boost you chance for success.




Get some help before it's too late...It's that simple.



There's lots of free help available, too much to cover effectively in one blog post, so come back and I'll tell you where you can get help to overcome these mistakes.



You'll be able to find help putting together a good marketing plan, by taking a look some of the free resources that I find useful for my business, .



You do want your customers, friends and family to be able say the same things about your skill in business that Hiram said, (1 kings 5:7) when he received Solomon's letter?



Action Steps

Continue to learn as much as you can about running a business, by reading the latest magazines and books about your area of business. There is a list of books for Christian men located near the top of the right sidebar for your convenience. It includes, OUTLIERS, by Malcolm Gladwell, his book uncovers why some people succeed. Is it purely luck, opportunity or is it a talent?


1 comment:

Lance said...

Very insightful.
God bless,
Lance
www.lancessoulsearching.com